Sunday, 13 March 2016

Tricks of the trade/advert or editorial look

In our lesson we practiced aspects of make-up commonly used in the industry such as perfect skin and eyeliner.








I decided to do a look based on the make-up from some of the Miss Dior campaignes. Therefore I did a radient base with some contouring but mainly focusing on highlighting. In order to do this I used both liquid and powder highlighters. I also added some pink and grey tones to the eyes because they are the colours of the Miss Dior perfume bottle and I wanted to use the idea of the model and the product being like each other. This is similar to what Dior have done in their J'adore perfume advert where the model is wearing clothes that make her look similar to the perfume bottle. Also in this look I filled in the brows slightly to give them definition but kept a very natural shape as Dior usually do in their mae-p looks and I also applied a very soft and natural lipstick as this again is what Dior uses in their Miss Dior campaignes.










 I photographed the look in different lights to see how the light effected the look of the make-up. As can be seen some light and flash settings on the camera made the highlighter and colour of the eyeshadow stand out a lot more which I preferred as it showed more detail in the make-up.








One change I decided to make to the look was to add black liquid liner because although Dior does not often use a lot of eye products they do often use a thin line of eyeliner on the top lash line.

No comments:

Post a Comment