Saturday, 23 April 2016

Assessment Hair and face charts




I have chosen this as my final look because overall I think it works well to represent Dior. The hair has a side parting and a soft texture that is still very neat which are elements that Dior used in their catwalks this season. I made it my own by having the bun at the side of the head instead of directly at the back like Dior usually do and I made the bun out of a plait as plaits and twists were big hair trends this season. I pulled sections of the plaits out to give it a bit more of a softer texture as the hair in the Dior fashion shows this season did have a more relaxed feel.

I decided for the make-up to have glowing skin that is between matte and dewy as this is the skin texture that Dior often use in their looks. I chose blue for the eyes because it is a colour that Dior have used in their clothes this season and because blue was a very popular eyeshadow colour on the catwalks this season. I decided to use a brighter blue than most of the blues used by Dior so that the eyes become more of a focal point of the look but I didn't want to do really heavy eye make-up because Dior in recent years have not used a lot of heavy eye make-up in their catwalk looks. Therefore I covered a smaller area of the eyelid with the colour but chose a colour that stands out to get the impact that way. I chose to fill in the brows because Dior often does the same thing which brings even more attention towards the eyes without using very heavy make-up, I also used black mascara to add to this idea further. I used contouring and highlighting to define the structure of the face and becasue I thought it worked better with the rest of the look than a plain base make-up. However  I did not do this really heavy because Dior use very little contouring on their catwalk looks they focus more on highlighting. I then chose a red colour that I thought could have worked well with either of Dior's spring/summer catwalk collections and also because I think the red lip is a classic, sophisticated look and they are concepts that I would use to describe the brand Dior.

No comments:

Post a Comment