Sunday, 24 April 2016

Dior Pure Poison Advert


Creative Director, Make-up, Hair and Photographer- Myself
Model- Anna Maria Stavrou





















I decided to base this look on the colours of the Pure Poison perfume bottle and packaging which are white, silver, various shades of purple and black. I used different coloured material to create the backdrop and also as the skirt for my model. I did this because I wanted the material to represent the perfume and to have my model linked to it as if the perfume has become part of her. The top my model is wearing is white and silver to try and make the model look pure and innocent and also to create a contrast with the purple and black used in the material background.

I originally had my model's hair in two ponytails with plaits wrapped around them. I used ponytails and plaits because they are the kind of hairstyles that children wear and as children are associated with being pure and innocent I thought having the hair like this would create a similar look. In some of the photographs I took the hair down to make it look a bit more grown up and to allow the hair to move more to create a softer look. I think this worked well because in some of the photographs the hair looks like it is flowing into the material surrounding the model as if they are part of the same thing which I think works well.

In the make-up I used a few different shades of purple eyeshadow to create a smokey eye along with black mascara to define the eye more. I used a highlighter that had violet shimmer in it to create the shiny look of the model's skin which is similar to the shine of the perfume bottle. I also used silver glitter on the cheekbones and eyebrows to add to the shininess. On the lips I used purple gloss to define the lips and to add a bit of stronger colour to the make-up. The spring/summer make-up trends I used in this look were a strong centre parting, plaits and glowing natural skin with light contouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment