Sunday, 24 April 2016

Second Catwalk look Final Shoot


Creative Director, Make- up and Hair and Photographer- Myself
Model- Sarah Louise Leftly





























I wanted the photographs to have dark backgrounds and lighting to try and make my model look mysterious and strong which I think I have achieved in some of the images. However in other photographs the hair blends into the dark background and the detail in the hair gets lost so I am going to choose photographs that show the hair the best and maybe edit them so that they are brighter and show the hair more clearly.

I think the make-up can be seen well in some of the more close up photographs and the styling is mainly focused around the neck area so I think the close up images will work okay to show this too. I chose this final make-up look because Dior in their spring/summer 2016 catwalk had the models with simple eye and base make-up and a strong lip colour so I did a similar look, I defined the eyebrows a bit more to make the look dramatic without using lots of  brightly coloured make-up as I wanted the attention to be on the lips. I used some black eyeliner and mascara to define the eyes but I kept the rest of the eye make-up quite subtle by just using natural shades of colour. I used blue on the lips because I wanted the lips to be a main feature as they often are in Dior looks and blue was a very popular make-up trend for spring/summer 2016. Also Dior used blue in their collection as a main colour although Dior used a more navy blue and I used a brighter blue so that the lips stood out more.

I wanted to keep the hair quite soft with a laid back feel because Dior often do this in their looks. I straightened the hair and then backcombed it as my model had quite thin hair and I wanted it to appear a bit thicker. At the roots I did not backcomb the hair as much because in Dior looks there is not normally alot of volume at the roots as the hair is made to look quite natural. I used smoothing hair products and hairspray to create a glossy texture that still looked like it could be the model's natural hair texture.

I chose the black top for my model because black was used in the Dior spring/summer ready to wear and haute couture collections and I think the style of the top could quite easily fit into either of the collections. I used the jacket because Dior used several jackets and structured pieces in the collections and also because blue was a popular colour for several catwalk collections this season including Dior. It is a similar jacket to the one I used in my other catwalk shoot because Dior used similar colours and some similar styles of clothing in both their ready to wear and haute couture collections so I used this concept as well.  In the Dior ready to wear collection some models had necklaces or scarfs around their necks so i did this as well. I thought the scarf worked well because it is black, white and has a pattern which are elements that were used by Dior this season. I then chose the necklace because it contains blue and the style of it I thought could be Dior. The spring/summer trends I used in this look were the colour blue and natural skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment