Monday, 25 April 2016

Technical File:Assessment photographs

In the practical assessment I had two hours to complete my hair and make-up look, photograph it and pack away my stuff. In the assessment I think I used the time well as I managed to complete my look without having to rush and as I had practiced my look I knew how long the different element of the look were going to take.



I was pleased with my application of the base make-up as I think I matched my model's skin tone well and I think the shade of foundation looks good on her. My model had some acne so on some areas of the skin I had to to a thicker base than I would of liked which unfortunately did show up a bit in the photographs. I would have preferred slightly less shine on the forehead so perhaps I should of used more powder to make it more matte of changed the position of the light so that it did not reflect as much. However I did like the slight dewiness on the cheeks which is what I was aiming for, I wanted the look to be between matte and dewy because this is a look Dior often uses.







I was happy with the eye make-up because I managed to apply the blue neatly so that it was only in the eye socket and the mascara had no clumps. I was happy with how I filled in the eye brows as I think they make a good feature in the look but they still look quite natural. They lost some of their shape as a few hairs moved out of place and so I think I should of used a stronger brow gel to keep them completely in place. I was pleased with the lipstick as I think I created a nice shape with clean lines and the colour was how I wanted it to be. 

I chose blue because it is a big catwalk trend this season and also because according to Dior "Blue- Among all colours, navy blue is the only one which can ever compete with black, it has all the same qualities."Christian Dior, 2007, The Little Dictionary of Fashion.




I was pleased with the hair because the hair laid flat against the scalp and there was not any bumps in the hair and I created a sleek look that was still soft and not too harsh which is what I wanted. The plait turned out how I wanted it to as it was not too tight and have a nice amount of volume making it good to shape into the bun. When shaping the bun I did it a couple of times before completely securing it into place as the first time the shape of the bun was laying a bit too low so I did it again and was a lot happier with the shape as I think the positioning of it is flattering on my model.






I think the outfit worked well to complete the look because the blue eyeshadow matches one of the blue tones in the top and also I think works well to stand out from the dark blue of the jacket. I did the lip colour brighter and more red than the very dark red/maroon in the top so that the lips stood out of the look and became a focal point. Overall I feel the clothes complete the sophisticated look I wanted to create. 

I was pleased with my choice of model for the assessment because Sarah did everything I asked her to do such as looking in different directions when I was applying her make-up and sitting still whilst I was doing her hair. She gave me positive feedback about my work and said that she liked the look and thought I had done well in the assessment. Before the assessment day she allowed me to practice the looks on her and she tried on several different outfits so that I could choose the best one.

No comments:

Post a Comment