Sunday, 24 April 2016

First Catwalk look Final Shoot

Creative Director, Make-up, Hair and photographer- Myself
Model- Sarah-Louise Leftly

These are some of my favourite images from my first catwalk shoot. I wanted it to look like the model was backstage at a catwalk, having just had her make-up and hair done and put on her outfit she is just getting final touches to her make-up done. I was the photographer for this shoot and my model is Sarah-Louise Leftly.







 In some of the photographs like the ones above, the make-up can be seen clearly but the hair can not and so I am going to use photographs where the hair bun can be seen as well for my final submission.

















Overall I was pleased with how my final shoot went as I managed to take some photographs which I think work well to show off the hair, make-up and styling. I managed to complete my model's hair and make-up quite quickly and it looked exactly how I wanted it to. When taking the photographs it was a little bit difficult to find spaces in the studio that did not have distracting objects in the background for example things that were brightly coloured yet still looked like it was backstage at a  fashion show. Therefore I tried taking photographs in several different areas of the studio to see what worked the best. 

I also tried different lighting, such as my model standing at different angles so that sometimes she was directly facing the main lighting and other times it was coming from different angles. I also tried having different numbers of the lights on and sometimes having the main lights on and sometimes just having the mirror lights on and sometimes both to create different brightnesses of light and different angles of shadow. I had thought of using other types of lighting such as spotlights but I did not want it to look like it was set up in a photography studio I wanted the lighting to be softer and the mood of the shoot to be quite relaxed. This is because I wanted it to look like there was a photographer backstage at a fashion show taking the photographs as the model was getting her make-up done and not as if it was just a fashion shoot.


The only slight changes I made to the look from my assessment were to use more setting powder down the centre of the face so it was less shiny and I used a eyebrow gel to keep the eyebrows in place better. The spring/summer 2016 trends I used were red lips, blue eyes and a bun in the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment